Fighting Melasma: This was me - august 2011 "".

onsdag 26. september 2012

This was me - august 2011


Yeah.. I got it really bad!

I apologize for not plucking my eyebrows before I took this picture!
I was to busy worrying about my Melasma at the time.. ;)

My Melasma occured a month after my second birth january 2011. It wasnt just my forehead, but chin,
chick and some on upper lip. All affected area is this dark or darker than this picture.
The midpart of my forehead got lighter without any reason as seen on this picture. I have noticed this on some Melasma-pics online.
I guess its a part of the disorder..

In the beginning I believed I got the pregnancy mask(Chloasma), and Im sure I did.
(Brownish spots - Epidermis Melasma)
The darker spots over each eyebrow didnt completly go away, an did re-occer this year.
(Greyish spots - Dermis Melasma. Difficult to get rid of, no cure at this time..)

My normal summer skincolor is supposed to be like the color on right side of
the picture by my hairline. Im white, but get easily tan.

---

 I used SPF 15 daily right away, but it didnt stop evolving. I used foundation on top every day to cover it.
I googled hyperpigmentation a lot during this summer and noticed is was an disorder.

My first treatment was fresh pineapple. I cut pieces of pineapple and rubbed the juice in my spots. (Im not sure it had an effect, I didnt have the patience to wait long. I had read this tip online)
I will share pictures of parts of my face showing the progress of getting pale using Obagi Nu Derm.
Its not a cure, but a bleach prosess using Hydroquinone and Tretinoin(Retin A). Hydroquinone might be harmful, so always check with our doctor before you start using it!

Always use high sunscreen if you believe you got this disorder. SPF 15 was to little, at least 30 and up, and the best protection sunscreen contains Zinc oxide, Titanium dioxide or Parsol 1789(avebensone).
I use Obagi SPF 35 with zinc. It isnt enought for me..

(✿◠‿◠)

Ingen kommentarer: